Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Training Log : 12/21 - 12/27

Quality: 12 miles with 4 at marathon pace on Wednesday. 16 miles on Sunday for a long run.

Trail: N/A

Easy: 5 runs for 32 miles.

Total: 7 runs for 60 miles.


Nasty week weather wise, pretty sure I saw an ark float by on a couple of runs. The saturated ground kept me away from the trails due to trail damage & possible flooding. Even with all the travel for the holidays I only had to make one adjustment, swapping Saturday & Sunday, to make time for my long run. A long run that included plummeting temperatures, a soaked me & gnarly winds.

I was able to get out with the oldest for some hiking on Saturday while in southern KY visiting family. The beauty of that place still amazes me even to this day & I'm going to make a concentrated effort to get down there more. Plenty of trails to run & plenty of exploring for the kid to partake in. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve trekking around DBNF & that's an experience I want my kids to also have. 

Next week will be a step back week in mileage. I've found my body just does better with a schedule of three weeks hard & one week easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment