Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Training Log : 11/02 - 11/08

Quality: 12 miles on Saturday for a long run.

Trail: 8 miles Friday at Capitol View Park.

Easy: Four runs for 24 miles.

Total: Six runs for 44 miles.

Good taper week, felt strong through all my runs. Had a small pain pop up last week with my ankle that has thankfully subsided. Always fearful of the taper injury. The injury last year was during a taper & it caused me to have to miss Boston, so I'm always a bit leery of tapers. Went to the Skullbuster trail on Wednesday only to find it closed due to law enforcement training, so ended up running on the road instead. One week until the 50k, will do one last gear check Wednesday to make sure everything is solid for race day.

Was reading an interview with Anton where he talked about self powered summits & realized how silly it is to drive to a trail just to run. I've started down the rabbit hole of bike shopping to add a little variety to my fitness routine. I dream of riding 6 miles down to Legacy, banging out a 20 mile run, then riding the 6 miles home. Or hoping on the bike to ride up to the high school track for an interval session. Have even considered shortening my commute by 6-8 miles & biking the rest of the way. So many possibilities here & maybe even a chance for some extreme adventures.

The sign that greeted me on Wednesday...


No comments:

Post a Comment