Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Training Log : 9/28 - 10/4

Quality:  On Wednesday went out for a 10 mile mid week long run. On Saturday, after traveling all day, put in an 8 mile "long" run exploring my new surroundings.

Trail:  Only made it into the woods for 1 trail run this week. On Monday I ran about 8 miles on the Skullbuster. This is becoming my go to trail running spot, love the secluded nature of the trail & its low traffic.

Easy:  Three runs for 13 miles.

Total:  Six runs for about 40 miles.

Kept the mileage low this week. With the vacation travel & race coming up I decided to do a two week taper. Going into race week I will continue with easy mileage & take advantage of the pancake flat running on the coast. With a lot of missed runs last week my achilles & hip actually feel much better. Once race season is finished I might take a week or two off to get fully healed before building up for an April ultra. Working on race calendar for next year, mostly locked down just need to find a marathon to re-qualify for Boston at.

No comments:

Post a Comment