Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Training Log : 10/5 - 10/11

Quality:  Iron Horse Half Marathon on Sunday.

Trail:  No real trail running this week, unless you count the gravel path I found on vacation.

Easy:  Four runs for 20 miles.

Total:  Five runs for about 34 miles.

Second week of my taper ending with the race on Sunday. Running on the coast is always boring as every run is pancake flat. I definitely miss my rolling hills when we go to the beach. Had to skip my Thursday run due to an achilles flair up, which was brought on by a lot of walking in downtown Savannah. Friday had me in a car for 14 hours which was hard enough on my body that I felt like a run would be miserable.

Ran the Iron Horse Half on Sunday, race report coming soon. This is the race I had to medically defer from last year when I injured my hip just two weeks out. Ended up finishing in 91:37 with pretty even splits, good enough for 25th overall & 4th in my age group. Only 61 seconds off my PR on the same course, which is great considering the low mileage I've been running this year. One more race on the calendar for this year then time to build that base!

No comments:

Post a Comment