Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2015 Training Log : 12/14 - 12/20

Quality: 12 miles with 4 at marathon pace on Wednesday. 16 miles on Saturday for a long run.

Trail: 10 miles on Friday at Capitol View Park.

Easy: 4 runs for 24 miles.

Total: 7 runs for 62 miles.

Skipped out on hitting the Skullbuster trail Monday due to Muzzle Loader season which only allowed for one day out on the trails. Got a chance to test out the modification to my hydration pack using lock laces & give it a solid two thumbs up. Made a night & day difference in the fit of the pack, still not sure why they didn't include some elasticity.

Wednesday saw the return of the marathon paced tempo run, probably my favorite workout for marathon training. Getting as many miles as I can on my legs at target pace is key. Come race day it will be easy to fall back on muscle memory. Saturday's long run was an adventure. I decided to run from my house to the Legacy Trail & do a few of miles on it. With temps in the high 20's the wicked strong winds made it feel much colder, especially after the turnaround when I was already a bit sweaty. In true Kentucky fashion my run Sunday was a sauna in comparison. Next week will be a repeat of this. Hopefully holiday scheduling allows for it.

Modifications to the vest



No comments:

Post a Comment