Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Training Log : 11/09 - 11/15

Quality: 31 miles (50km) on Saturday as a course sweeper for the Rough Trail Ultramarathon, race/volunteer report coming soon!

Trail: 8 miles on Wednesday at Skullbuster.

Easy: Three runs for 11 miles.

Total: Five runs for 50 miles.

Fairly low volume taper week, not counting the race. Went out on Wednesday for a final gear check. Wanted to make sure I went into the race with no unanswered questions concerning my kit. This proved invaluable on race day as I went in confident with my choices & had no issues during the day.

Being a course sweeper was a very unique experience for me & one I won't soon forget. Duties for the race included removing signage & flags from the course, as well as keeping behind the last runner in order to make sure everyone made it out ok. Was a great way to mentally prepare for the longer races where I'll be on my feet all day long perpetually moving forward. I'll go into more detail in the race report but I'm beyond pleased with the way gearing & nutrition worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment