Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Training Log : 10/12 - 10/18

Quality: Ran 11 miles on Saturday, on the Skullbuster Blue & Orange loops, for a combined trail & long run.

Trail: Ran 8 miles Friday at Capitol View Park.

Easy: Two runs for 10 miles.

Total: Four runs for 30 miles.


Easy week following the race. Decided to volunteer at the Rough Trail Ultramarathon as a course sweeper for the 50km distance. Basically I'll be bringing up the rear to remove all course markings, tape & trash in addition to making sure all the runners make it off the course. Very excited about this oppurtunity & a little nervous about the distance & time on feet. Could potentially be out there 10 hours depending on how slow the last runner is.

Used my long run on Saturday to do a gear check & found the bottles in my hydration vest to be annoying. They are hard plastic bottles that sit on the chest & the sloshing from them drove me insane. Ended up just carrying the bottle to eliminate the slosh. I've ordered a Hydrapak SF500 soft flask as a replacement & will test it out this coming Saturday.

My Saturday run this week ended up being a race against the sun. I lost the race but got to test out my headlamp in a trail situation & found it to perform adequately. Peak mileage this coming week then into taper for the 50k. I've also decided on returning to the Flying Pig for my attempt at another BQ, so will get my training plan for that squared away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment