Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 Training Log : 12/28 - 1/3

Quality: 10 miles with 2 at marathon pace on Wednesday.

Trail: 12 miles on Saturday at Skullbuster.

Easy: 5 runs for 27 miles.

Total: 7 runs for 49 miles.


Last week of holiday madness where some runs were done at odd times just to get them in for the day. Glad for the cut back in mileage & can go into another 3 week hard cycle refreshed. Still pretty sloppy outside which gave me only one good day out on the trails, which ended up being a combo long & trail run. While out on the Skullbuster I ran by a bow hunter in his tree stand which caught me off guard as I thought hunting wasn't allowed on the trail. I think he was snoozing away up in the tree because he didn't react to my presence at all.

I've been creating segments here & there on Strava just for the fun of it, which may be a bad thing considering my competitive nature. For example, I created a segment for the loop around the soccer fields by my house & had the course record for it. It was a soft course record since I only run that loop for easy/recovery runs which lead to someone coming up & taking it. So naturally on my easy run for Thursday I ran up to the soccer fields & took it back by ~1 minute. Like I said, could be a bad thing...


Winter has arrived to the Skullbuster

No comments:

Post a Comment