Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 Training Log : 1/25 - 1/31

Quality: N/A

Trail: 12 miles on Saturday at Skullbuster

Easy: 4 runs for 20 miles.

Cycling: 12 miles.

Total: 5 runs & 2 rides for 44 miles.

Weeks like this are why I include an extra week in my training plans. Woke up Monday barely able to walk, something had tweaked my back pretty good. Likely a result of so much running in deep snow working different muscles than normal. Mileage was cut back drastically & there's still a bit of lingering soreness today.

Come Saturday I was able to stand up straight without spasms so I headed out to Skullbuster. The trail was a mix of ice & soup, with some decent hard pack in between. Spent the first half of the run fighting back the lunch I had at Logan's. Sometimes I need a reminder that a huge meal before running is a bad idea, this was one of those reminders. Near the end of the orange loop I was met with a pleasant surprise. They've extended the loop by adding on about 3/4 of a mile. This makes the full run 12.25 miles & eliminates the need for the out & back on the road to round the mileage out. It's the little things in life.

Sunday saw temps rise to the mid 60s by evening giving me the perfect opportunity to try out a multisport trek. Got the bike out & cycled down to the legacy trail, ran 4 miles & cycled home. Making for a 16 mile day. Still need to work out some logistics for these treks but this was pretty close to perfect. Need to get the bike to the shop to get the gearing locked in, I'm not yet experienced enough to do this. I can get them close but really need this dialed in. Next week will be a repeat of what this week should have been, so another down week before the mileage goes up.

Kentucky ankle weights...



No comments:

Post a Comment