Sunday, January 24, 2016

2016 Training Log : 1/18 - 1/24

Quality: 14 miles on Saturday for a long run.

Trail: N/A

Easy: 5 runs for 42 miles.

Total: 6 runs for 56 miles.

Great running weather this week, if your definition of great running weather includes lots of snow that is. No trail runs this week because of the weather but I did use the soccer fields for three of my runs for off road fun. Missed my run Tuesday but with the weather I'm really happy to get any running in.

Got out to the legacy trail on Wednesday for 12 miles, even without the marathon pace portion the snow pack gave a good workout. Returned on Saturday to get my long run in where the snow had turned from something you could run on top of to something you had to run through. Anywhere from 8-12" deep to above the knees in some places, luckily someone had driven a vehicle on parts of the trail giving me a sweet "single track" to run. This was relatively easy going unless it was a high traffic area where the many foot prints turned to ice. 14 miles of this was all I could take & it left me as worn out as a spring 20 miler, maybe more so.

This week I tried out a new approach to my outfit for my long run. During the winter months the wind on trail is at my back for the out portion & in my face for the back portion. This causes me to be drenched with sweat at the turn around if I'm dressed for the return trip, wet me + cold winds = Natecicle. For this trip I packed my AK vest with a change of shirt & gloves. Changing out of my wet shirt/gloves into some warm & dry ones was a godsend. Made the second half of the run enjoyable vs the normal sufferfest.

Sweet sweet single track...


No comments:

Post a Comment