Monday, May 30, 2016

2016 Training Log : 5/23 - 5/29

Quality: 14 mile long run on Sunday at Legacy Trail

Trail: 8 mile run on Monday at SkullBuster

Easy: 5 runs for 29 miles.

Cycling: 4 rides for  29 miles.

Total:  7 runs & 4 rides for 80 miles.

Definitely a solid week of training. I was able to make all my scheduled runs & rides. If I can keep this consistency up the fall races will go very well. Next week brings another round of travel, so the challenge there will be staying on target.

This time of year is very wet in Kentucky & the trails I run take a good bit to dry out. Luckily on Monday they were dry enough to get some mileage in at SkullBuster. Got the bike out on Wednesday & Saturday to ride to the Legacy Trail & back, stretching the ride out a bit on Saturday. The great part about riding is it allows me to keep my cardio base in tact while running a lower mileage load. Need to find a good spot to drop in a third day of riding.

Capped the week off with a short hike with my eldest. Trying to get her out in the woods at least once a month. The key is not to be in a hurry & allow her to explore. She doesn't like it if the trails I pick don't have creeks on them, so I've got to do better about making sure she has a water crossing to play in.

Decent trails at Levi Jackson State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment