Monday, May 2, 2016

2016 Training Log : 4/18 - 4/24

Quality: 14 mile long run on Saturday.

Trail: 7 miles at SkullBuster on Monday. 11 miles at CVP on Wednesday.

Easy: 2 runs for 9 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  5 runs & 0 rides for 42 miles.

Late to the presses with this one so will write from the perspective of Sunday 4/24.

Another week of taper which unfortunately saw two missed runs. I had to drive in an additional day this week, also next week, which left me so sore that I opted out of my Thursday run. Didn't want to risk a reinjury to my hip. Spent all day Sunday putting together a swing set that by the time I got home the thought of going for even an easy run was just too much. Hopefully next week isn't a train wreck as I'm just one week out from the marathon.

I was able to get in some good trail runs this week which always helps to clear my head. Spent Monday at SkullBuster & catch myself eyeballing property close to the trail on my drives to it. Daydreaming about how wonderful it would be to live within a bike ride of this awesome trail. Also got some good mileage in at CVP midweek. Not sure if my phone GPS was just off or my garmin has been measuring this route short but it came in almost a mile longer than I expected. Still putting the Echo+iPhone combo through some testing, I really want this to be a viable solution.

My long run on Saturday was the confidence booster I needed going into the final taper week. Just one of those runs where you feel like you are floating along the ground. Just an effortless run. Forgot to unpause the run at an intersection around mile 12. Starting to think I should just rely on the autopause feature so I don't do this as often. Next week will be the final taper going into the race & I'm hoping the extra day driving won't be too much of an impact on my legs.

Where all your troubles disappear...

No comments:

Post a Comment