Monday, May 2, 2016

2016 Training Log : 4/25 - 5/1

Quality: 26.2 mile race on Saturday.

Trail: N/A

Easy: 5 runs for 24 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  6 runs & 0 rides for 53 miles.

If you have an ideal taper week on one end of the spectrum & the absolute worst on the other, then you'd find this week very near the wrong side of that spectrum. On Tuesday a buddy called me at work with an extra ticket to see Pearl Jam. This isn't something I can turn down, regardless of the circumstances, so the rest of the evening became a mad rush. Drove home, ran a couple of miles, got ready & ate before heading straight to the venue. One of the greatest things about PJ is they will play for three hours, you definitely get your money's worth. This also results in getting to bed around one in the morning. I also had to drive in to work the next morning because of the previous request for an extra day a week in the office. So much for getting a good nights rest every night.

On Thursday an issue sprung up shortly after lunch at work that resulted in a 17 hour day, causing me to miss my run & get in bed at one in the morning again. Another outage the next morning had me up bright & early working instead of resting, this was supposed to be a day off. Luckily everything calmed down by afternoon but I feared the damage was done. The rest of the day I spent relaxing around the house & packing, trying to stay off my feet as much as possible.

On Saturday I did a quick shake out in the morning to keep the legs fresh, finished packing, dropped the kids off with my Mom & then drove up to Cincinnati to hit the expo for packet pickup. The plan was to spend as little time at the Expo as possible, to minimize time on feet. This didn't work out as we entered the Expo at the end & had to walk all the way back to the beginning to get my packet. They also had it setup so you had to traverse the whole expo to get your shirt & swag bag, allowing me the pleasure of two trips through. We decided to just go ahead & get food while we were there, a quick Yelp search later we were on our way. This ended up being a bit more walking than expected putting me on my feet way more than I'd have liked for the day. As you can tell this was just typical for the week. After dinner we drove to the hotel & got settled in for a decent night's sleep.

Finally race day had arrived! You'll have to read the race report to see how it went though...

Teaser: Fuzzy photo of the 3:05 pace group. I'm far back left in the neon singlet & grey hat

No comments:

Post a Comment