Monday, May 23, 2016

2016 Training Log : 5/9 - 5/15

Quality: N/A

Trail: N/A

Easy: 7 runs for 38 miles.

Cycling: 4 rides for 24 miles.

Total:  7 runs & 4 rides for 62 miles.

After taking a week off following the marathon I couldn't have asked for a better week back.Was able to run every day & even got in some riding. Did some thinking about races this week & I believe I'm going to give Not Yo Momma's 100k a shot, instead of the Iron Horse.

Was really bummed out when fall vacation landed on the same weekend as Cloudsplitter but this will give me an ultra two weeks before vacation. The course is a loop, so it will be a great opportunity to try out a new distance. The looping nature also reduces the amount of stuff I need to carry with me, allowing for a base camp of sorts. I just need to have 16 miles worth of gear on me when I start each loop. Should be very forgiving for my first 100k.

Got in two days of duathlon style workouts, where I rode to the Legacy Trail, run a bit & then ride home. Really enjoy replacing the car ride with a bike ride & it really doesn't take me much longer. These were also the first ride in a pair of actual cycling shorts & I really appreciate the padding they offer. Now to just work on my transitions!

Spring out on the soccer fields

No comments:

Post a Comment