Wednesday, June 8, 2016

2016 Training Log : 5/30 - 6/5

Quality: 14 mile long run on Saturday.

Trail: 8.5 miles on Monday at SkullBuster.

Easy: 5 runs for 33 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  7 runs for 55.5 miles.

Another travel week found me in rainy Dallas, TX. Was fortunate to be able to make all of my scheduled runs. Even found a fantastic green way to run on for any return trips. I only ended up regulated to the dreadmill for one run, which I ended up cutting a mile short as I just couldn't take anymore. I'd rather run laps around the hotel, at least there's some scenery change.

Headed up to SkullBuster on Monday to do some trail running & when I grabbed my shoes I noticed a gaping hole in the side. Only had 400 miles on them when the upper let go, which isn't terrible but was hoping to get more like 500-600. Without any backup trail shoes I opted to use my wore out Kinvaras for the run. The trail was still pretty sloppy from the rains on Saturday which coupled with a very slick bottomed shoe made for an interesting run. I ended up taking the bail out on the orange loop to the road & finished the last 1.5 miles of the run on pavement. Also encountered my second snake of the season on the road, if I was wearing a HRM you would definitely see a spike around that time.

During my time in Dallas it rained pretty much every day. They were going through some wicked flooding down there. Luckily the green way I found had plenty of tree coverage to block the rain & the sun when it did peek out. One of the things I wish Legacy Trail had was more tree cover. It would help with the Sun in the Summer & the wind in the winter. In its current state it offers plenty of exposure to the elements.

Decided to try out one of the training plans from Relentless Forward Progress for the 100k in September. Next week should see a semblance of that plan with speed work starting on Wednesday. I think I'm going to ride to the local HS track to do my intervals, instead of trying to do them on the roadways.

Blowout!


 Greenway in Arilington, TX



No comments:

Post a Comment