Wednesday, September 28, 2016

2016 Training Log : 9/19 - 9/25

Quality: N/A

Trail: 40 miles at Great Seal St Park on Saturday

Easy: 4 runs for 14 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  5 runs for 54 miles.

Race week! While I enjoy racing, I absolutely hate the week before a big race. All that free time I get back from running such reduced mileage is consumed by getting ready for the race. A lot of time was spent packing for the trip. With my wife & some friends joining me it meant an even greater amount of stuff was needed. Luckily we got everything together & made it to the campground right on time.

As far as running goes, I hit all of my scheduled runs with the exception of Tuesday. Taper's always drive me a bit mad. I start overthinking everything when I should just be enjoying the reduced mileage. On Saturday I attempted the Not Yo Momma's 100k up at Great Seal State Park in Chillicothe, OH. While you'll have to read the upcoming race report to get the full details of the event the short of it is a hot day, combined with getting behind on nutrition & hydration, led to my first ever DNF at the 40 mile mark. I learned a ton of things from the day & will be making some adjustments going forward. Next week will start a reverse taper & the search for my next ultra is on! I'll be looking for something in the Spring around 100k & still determined to try my first 100 miler next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment