Wednesday, September 21, 2016

2016 Training Log : 9/05 - 9/11

Quality: 18 mile long run on Monday.

Trail: 13.1 mile Race at RRG

Easy: 2 runs for 17 miles

Cycling: N/A

Total:  4 runs for 48 miles.

With Monday being a holiday I slept in a bit opting for a lunchtime run. If you follow this blog any at all you probably have heard this story before. Basically it got wicked hot & I ran out of water resulting in a brutal final two miles. Cursing myself as I got to the house, promising to never get up late for a big run again. This was the second half of my 20/18 back to back & the conclusion of my last big effort before Not Yo Momma's.

I spent the rest of the week just taking it easy with only 2 runs. I needed to be semi-recovered by Saturday for The Rugged Red trail half-marathon. While not a race I'd planned on going all out at, I still didn't want to just jog it in. Friday's easy run left me feeling like I was going into Saturday still a bit over cooked.

The Rugged Red is an interesting event. With a 1 hour shuttle to the race start & then a 1 hour shuttle back to the parking area you spend almost as much time getting to/from the race as you do running it. Even with this seemingly negative it is still a must run race. The course is absolutely beautiful! I ended up coming in 19th overall in almost the exact same time as last year, only this time I came into the finish feeling like I could keep going for much further. It was actually very reassuring with Not Yo Momma's just two weeks out. Race report up soon detailing the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment