Friday, September 9, 2016

2016 Training Log : 8/22 - 8/28

Quality: 5k road race with the kid.

Trail: 12 miles at SkullBuster on Sunday.

Easy: 3 runs for 24 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  5 runs for 40 miles.

Down week after the big weekend. Leg's still felt like they were filled with lead on Wednesday, thankfully they finally started to loosen up about halfway through the run. Saturday's activities included a local 5k that has become a yearly event for the family. This is a race that I outright won the first year I ran it. It is held at 6 pm in absolutely miserable heat & this year was likely the hottest it's ever been. I had already made the decision early in the week to run it with my eldest, ended up having a blast running it with her & will likely continue to do so as long as she's interested. I'll find a nice & cool 5k if I'm PR hunting.

Sunday's scheduled 16 miler didn't go exactly as planned. As a result of sleeping in it was already well into the 90's by the time I decided to go for the run. I opted to head out to SkullBuster, which is well shaded, hoping for it to be a bit cooler. I don't know what it is about this trail but I have the hardest time doing any bigger mileage efforts on it. I always seem to run out of gas on it & end up cutting the run short. This is exactly what happened this time & had me promising I'd just flip my back to back. The plan was to run 12 Sunday & my 16 on Monday. I think I've failed to complete the distance on more runs this training plan than all others combined, not exactly confidence building going into my longest race ever. I'm likely just pushing too hard trying to race the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment