Wednesday, September 21, 2016

2016 Training Log : 9/12 - 9/18

Quality: N/A

Trail: N/A

Easy: 4 runs for 24 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  4 runs for 24 miles.

First week of my taper & also a travel week for work. With the travel I was lucky to get the mileage I got. I struggle to find a time to run on travel days as I'm usually up super early to get to the airport & then I spend the majority of the day just getting where I'm going. By the time I get there I'm too cooked to even think about going for a run.

Two of the four runs I did get in this week were on the treadmill at the hotel. While I'm not normally a treadmill guy I found these runs to be interesting. They allowed me to test out the treadmill mode on iSmoothRun. I was pleasantly surprised to find, as long as I kept the pace close to my road pace, that iSmoothRun & the treadmill agreed almost perfectly. Another neat feature was my heart-rate monitor automatically synced up with the treadmill. Some exciting tech going on for all of that to work out. While I kept the pace pretty consistent I varied the elevation on the treadmill to keep my heart rate up. This definitely helped with the boredom aspect.

One more week  of easy running coming up then Not Yo Momma's 100K on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment