Friday, September 9, 2016

2016 Training Log : 8/29 - 9/4

Quality: 20 mile long run on Sunday.

Trail: 8 miles at CVP on Monday.

Easy: 3 runs for 27 miles.

Cycling: 2 rides for 12 miles.

Total:  5 runs & 2 rides for 67 miles.

After having to cut my run short on Sunday I planned to just do a swap of distance with Monday, shooting for 16 again. With it being a day off & still pretty tired from the day before I slept in once again. You'd think I would learn my lesson about sleeping in on big days during the Summer. I headed out to CVP intent on doing two 8 mile loops. After the first loop I was cooked & decided to just head on home. At this point I'm positive my problems with finishing runs is the heat. The only effort that is seemingly sustainable when it is this hot out is walking & I'm not even sure about that.

With a break in the weather on Friday I went for a ride/run/ride adventure. I really enjoy these but am pretty fair weather when it comes to doing them. Maybe once the Legacy Trail extension finishes up I'll do more of them. It is supposed to come through very close to my house. This would allow me to do some early morning rides before the heat kicks in & not have to worry about getting ran over.

Sunday was scheduled to be a 25 mile effort but with a family reunion that day & a race coming up on Saturday I decided to change the 25/12 into a 20/18. This should still get me in one last big effort before the taper but allow me to recover more quickly going into the Rugged Red. Was able to get out early & beat the heat, it was actually a chilly 55 degrees out for the start. Signs that fall is just around the corner! Not Yo Momma's is coming up quickly & I'm already starting to feel the butterflies of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment