Monday, July 25, 2016

2016 Training Log : 7/11 - 7/17

Quality: 3x1600 w/600 recovery at the track on Wednesday.

Trail: 20 miles at CVP on Sunday.

Easy: 4 runs for 29 miles.

Cycling: N/A.

Total:  6 runs for 57 miles.

Could have swore I put this one in last week. I blame a very hectic Sunday preparing for my trip. Another solid week in the books without anything too exciting, which is nice. On Monday I finished up the second leg of my 24/12 back to back. I had my doubts going into this training plan as to the effectiveness of back to back long runs. I am now a believer in them. They absolutely wreck your legs.

Wednesday brought about a return to the track for mile repeats. I have trouble with the longer repeats due to my tendency to check out from time to time. Really hard to stick the pace when auto pilot is so easy to engage. That said I came really close to my 6 minute target & my last interval was my fastest. I might have to reevaluate my pace before I go into phase two of the speed training.

Sunday's long run again had me headed back to CVP. Such a great place to do loops for these longer efforts, but I'm starting to tire of it. I need to diversify my trails. I also mixed in an experiment for this long run. I made my own energy gels! This is something I've been looking to do for a while now as I just can't stomach paying $1.50 per gel. I followed the recipe in this video, except I used honey instead of corn syrup. I'll continue tweaking the recipe until I get it to my liking then do a blog post on it. Currently I'm using some 3oz travel bottles I got at Target for about a buck each. They work ok but are pretty big & hard to get the last drop out of. If I stick with this I'll likely purchase one of the soft flasks out there specifically for this.

No pictures again this week. My phone is hard to operate when I'm absolutely drenched in sweat. Gotta love Kentucky summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment