Monday, August 15, 2016

2016 Training Log : 8/1 - 8/7

Quality: 24 mile long run on Sunday. 4x2400 at the track on Wednesday.

Trail: N/A

Easy: 2 runs for 22 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  4 runs for 59 miles.

Decided to sleep in a bit Monday morning & put off the second half of my back to back until lunchtime. I do this every so often to remind myself why getting up at 4:45 is a good idea. Miserably hot outside. The upside is I got to try out a new route. Most of my 12 mile runs from the house are out & backs. This new route allows for a bit of a lollipop which helps keep things interesting.

Wednesday saw a return to the track. Workout consisted of a 2 mile warmup, 4x2400 w/ 800 recovery & a 2.25 mile cool down. I was able to hit my target of 10:00 per interval pretty easily. Being able to hit my splits after the brutal back to backs really builds my confidence going into the fall. I definitely feel stronger & the pace is starting to feel easy.

On Sunday I was strapped for time so opted to bang out my long run on the roads. With 22 scheduled I decided to lengthen it to 24 due to running on the road being easier & faster. Around 13 miles into my run the app I use totally crapped out & reset itself to 11.5 miles, luckily this kind of thing rarely happens. This left me having to do math the rest of my run to figure out how far I'd ran as I wasn't 100% sure how much distance it had cut off. I figured it to be at least 1 mile so I shot for getting home around 23 miles by the watch. Review of the run shows that it had chopped off 1.5 miles putting me at 24.5 for the day.

All in all a solid week. I ended up not running at all on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. I've got to get better with motivation for the "junk" miles. Maybe I can get the eldest back into running as running with her definitely helps get me out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment