Monday, November 7, 2016

2016 Training Log : 10/31 - 11/6

Quality: N/A 

Trail: 1 run for 10 miles.

Easy: 6 runs for 31 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  7 runs for 41 miles.

First week of my taper for the Rough 50k on 11/12 & I can definitely feel the extra spring in my step. The only downside to tapering is I start getting too fidgety & think now would be a good time to go after some Strava CRs along my normal routes. It takes a good bit of restraint to keep from doing this since a taper is all about resting. That said, I still went for the CR on one of the hills close to home. Unfortunately I forgot which hill it was & ended up going all out for two hills. The second one being the segment I was chasing. I ended up missing the CR by just 1 second so I'll have to rectify that after my race, it's all about the little things in life.

Sunday's run was another in the series of group trail runs being put on by John's Run Walk Shop. This week we visited SkullBuster which if you keep up with this blog you'll recognize it as one of my favorite trails. We ended up with a pretty large group of people with almost everyone being new to the trail. I ended up using two cut throughs on the Orange loop to make my run the 10 miles as scheduled. After the run I heard lots of praise from the group on the quality of this little hidden gem. Hopefully that brings a little more traffic & keeps it from being so overgrown in the spring. Would also be nice to have a few more cobweb sweepers out there.

The crew headed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment