Monday, November 7, 2016

2016 Training Log : 10/24 - 10/30

Quality: N/A 

Trail: 3 runs for 43 miles.

Easy: 4 runs for 21 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  7 runs for 64 miles.

Last week of training before I start my taper for the Rough 50k & it couldn't have gone much better. I made it out to SkullBuster on Monday for a 13 mile Blue & Orange loop run. This was my first trail run with the new phone & some bluetooth issues were causing it to flip between the Glo & the iPhone GPS. This resulted in a GPS track that was likely a bit long. I returned to SkullBuster on Wednesday for an 11 mile run just using Blue as a connector up to a full Orange loop.

John's Run Walk Shop has started up a group trail run recently & this week I was finally able to join up with them. We met down in Red River Gorge for a run from Whittleton Campground. We went up Sheltowee to Tunnel Ridge Road where we ran out & did the Auxier Ridge loop. We then returned back the way we came with an addition of Daniel Boone Hut back up to Grey's Arch parking lot loop which offered a great preview of one of the nastier climbs along the Rough course. I was also able to do a quick out & back to see Whittleton Arch. Ended up with 18.5 miles & 2600ft of elevation gain on the day. These group trail runs are amazing & I hope they're here to stay. I'm mostly a solitary runner but really enjoyed the companionship of running with others. These runs are also a great way to learn a new trail.

The group with yours truly in the center



No comments:

Post a Comment