Monday, October 24, 2016

2016 Training Log : 10/3 - 10/9

Quality: 10 mile long run on Sunday at Legacy Trail.

Trail: N/A

Easy: 6 runs for 17 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  7 runs for 27 miles.

Disney vacations are usually where training plans go out the window. Usually there just isn't enough time to get in any kind of run & with the amount of walking it might even be detrimental. In the past I've always tried to maintain a normal volume, with some super early wake ups. This always had me leaving the vacation wishing for another one immediately after. This time I decided to just run whatever I felt like & had time for.

This resulted in mostly 2 & 3 mile runs in the mornings before heading to the park. Thankfully I was able to get out every day, even if it was just for 20 minutes. I figured the extra 4-6 miles of walking each day would more than make up for any loss of volume.

We ended up leaving a day early due to the hurricane & drove the ~14 hours straight back home. Even after being in a car that long & getting home at 4am I was able to wake up the next day & get in a 3 mile effort. Sunday saw a slight return to normal with a 10 mile long run at Legacy Trail. Unfortunately my travel schedule only picks up from here on out so running with any kind of consistency is going to be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment