Monday, December 5, 2016

2016 Training Log : 11/14 - 12/4

11/14 - 11/20: N/A.

11/21 - 11/27: 5 runs for 31 miles.

11/28 - 12/4: 7 runs for 49 miles.

I've been slacking in the blogging department lately, so decided to do just one catch up blog post. Considering a lot of the time since the race was spent not running & most of the runs were uneventful there really wasn't a lot to write about.

I decided to take the week following the race off & let everything reset. This coincided with a work trip that took me to Seattle & Dallas before returning home. For the first time in a long time I didn't pack anything running related for my trip & it was oddly refreshing. My week off turned into 11 days off.

I've picked the Big Turtle 50 as my spring race, put on by the same fine folks that did the Rough Trail 50k. With a very manageable elevation gain this will be a perfect first 50 miler & great prep for my fall 100 miler, the No Business 100. I'm going to be using the plans out of Relentless Forward Progress again for the 50 miler.

On Wednesday 11/23 I got back at it, jumping right into week one of the RFP plan. This time I'm going to be able to do the full 24 weeks & plan to do a good bit more trail running. I found over my last training cycle I just didn't do enough trail running & instead opted for the road. A lot of this has to do with the drive time involved in getting to/from the trail head.

I also got to try out the new section of Legacy Trail, 2 more miles which ends rather abruptly!

No comments:

Post a Comment