Monday, April 11, 2016

2016 Training Log : 4/4 - 4/10

Quality: 18 mile long run on Saturday

Trail: 10 miles at CVP on Monday.

Easy: 5 runs for 45 miles.

Cycling: N/A

Total:  7 runs & 0 rides for 73 miles.

Great week of training following the unexpected down time from the calf strain. Really boosted my confidence to be able to get out there & mostly hit my target for the week. Opted to just do an easy run on Wednesday instead of a tempo run & shortened my long run to 18 miles. I wanted to be 100% sure I was healed with the race quickly approaching.

This was my first full week of running with the Magellan Echo & iSmoothRun. Such an awesome combo that I might be totally swayed from the Garmin side. Time will tell if it is truly ready for prime time, but right now I'm not seeing any downside to it. Some quirkiness to it but that's easy to get accustomed to.

With the Flying Pig 21 days out next week starts my taper phase. Hopefully the taper madness doesn't get too strong & I make it through well rested for Cinci.

Little cow says moooore miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment